She’s the rising smoke
after you blow a candle out,
twenty-two seconds of sunlight
when the sky’s full of clouds.
She’s the dream you have, so vivid,
you question if it really happened.
She’s the small part of you
that still believes in magic.
She’s a dizzy kind of comfort
that you never thought you’d feel.
She’s life after you recover,
all the ways in which you heal.
Beauty is not long hair, skinny legs, tanned skin or perfect teeth. Believe me. Beauty is the face of who cried and now smiles, beauty is the scar on your knee since you fell when you were a kid, beauty is the circles when love doesn’t let you sleep, beauty is the expression on the face when the alarm rings in the morning, it’s the melted makeup when you have a shower, it’s the laughter when you make a joke you’re the only one who can understand, beauty is meeting his gaze and stopping understanding, beauty is your gaze when you see him, it’s when you cry for all you paranoias, beauty is the lines marked by time. Beauty is what we feel in the inside which also shows outside us. Beauty is the marks the life leaves on us, all the kicks and the caresses the memories leave us. Beauty is letting yourself live.
1) The first boy I loved didn’t just shatter my heart. He shattered every part of me, even my tongue. When I kiss you, you will bleed.
2) Sometimes when I’m driving at night I let go of the wheel and clench my eyes shut and pretend I’m about to die. I’m not leaving, just imagining. I promise I’ll come back soon.
3) Parents tend not to like me. I always accidentally slip a suicidal comment into conversations. Your mother will probably be calling 911 before she’s calling to invite me back.
4) Loving him turned me cold. When I sleep in your bed you will shiver beside me and I’m sorry about the temperature but I’m here with you and thats a big step for me.
5) Sometimes I need to talk at 3 AM and I know you love to sleep but I love you and I’m trying really hard to do it right so please pick up the phone.
Perhaps “OKAY” will be our “AWAYS”